- Our group welcomes a new addition: Dr. Lei Ji joins SKEMA Business School as an Assistant Professor and OFCE as an Economist. Lei received her PhD from North Carolina State university in 2010. Before joining OFCE-SKEMA group she was an Assistant Professor at Shanghai School of Economics and Finance and a Max Weber Fellow at the European University Institute. General area of her research interest is the long-run dynamic behavior of the aggregate economy.
- Zakaria Babutsidze and Mark McCabe have been awarded a research grant from Sloan Foundation‘s program on contribution economy for their project on influence of awards, such as Nobel prize and John Bates Clark Medal, on co-authorship patterns in Economics. The sum amounts to $6,500 and will be used to complete the database for the empirical analysis.
- On December 17-18 2012 Maurizio Iacopetta and Raoul Minetti organized a Workshop on Finance, Growth and Crises in Paris.
The recent economic crisis has demonstrated once more that financial markets have an enormous influence on productive activities, and on people’s well-being. The workshop, jointly organized by SKEMA Business School and OFCE-Sciences Po, will bring together leading scholars to discuss and interpret fresh new financial and economic data that unfolded during the recent economic crisis. Scholars will also explain how the relationship between financial markets and the real side of the economy has changed and will propose policy recommendations on how to revive the growth process.
The workshop also includes a roundtable where these issues will be debated among industry experts, scholars, policy makers, and journalists.
See the press release.
- On June 10-12 2013 we organized EMAEE 2013: 8th European Meeting on Applied Evolutionary Economics at SKEMA Business School.
- Jean-Luc Gaffard and Mauro Napoletano have edited a special issue of Revue de l’OFCE on “Agent Based Models and Economic Policy”.
The special issue collects papers presented on a workshop on New Advances in Agent Based Modeling in Paris on June 19-20 2012. Contributors include Peter Howitt, Alan Kirman, Giovanni Dosi, Mauro Gallegati and many more.
- See Jean-Luc Gaffard speaking about production costs in front of French National Assembly. [In French]
“Showing of telling? Local interaction and organization of behavior” by Zakaria Babutsidze and Robin Cowan. Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, forthcoming.
“Knowledge-Intensive Business Services and Economic Growth with Endogenous Market Structure” by Chienyu Huang and Lei Ji. Journal of Macroeconomics, forthcoming.
“Income distribution, credit and fiscal policies in an agent-based keynesian model” by Giovanni Dosi, Giorgio Fagiolo, Mauro Napoletano and Andrea Roventini. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 37:1598-1625.
“European Industrial Policy of the early 21st century: an Empty but stronger shell” (2013) by Sarah Guillou. Japan Spotlight, May/June.
“Real-time pricing when some consumers resist in saving electricity”, by Evens Salies. Energy Policy, forthcoming.
“Structural Change and Income Distribution: an inverted-U relationship”, by Fabrizio Patriarca and Francesco Vona. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, forthcoming.
“Crise de la théorie et crise de la politique économique : des modèles d’équilibre général stochastique aux modèles de dynamique hors de l’équilibre”, by Jean-Luc Gaffard. Revue Economique, forthcoming.
“International Trade and Domestic Distortions : Modelling the Transition Process” (2012) by Jean-Luc Gaffard and Francesco Saraceno. Journal of Evolutionary Economics 22:275-301.
“Formal Education and Public Knowledge” (2011) by Maurizio Iacopetta. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control 35:676-93.
Recent working papers
Cash-in-advance constraint on R&D in a Schumpeterian growth model with and endogenous market structure by Chienyu Huang, Juin-Jen Chang and Lei Ji.
The Rise and Fall of R&D Networks by Mario Tomasello, Mauro Napoletano, Antonios Garas and Frank Schweitzer.
Firms’ leverage and export quality: evidence from France by Michele Bernini, Sarah Guillou and Flora Belone.
Speed of convergence, education, and technological change by Maurizio Iacopetta.
Environmental policies, product market regulation and innovation in renewable energy by Lionel Nesta, Francesco Vona and Francesco Nicolli.
Institutions and growth: a simplifed theory of decentralization and corruption by Anton Granik and Francesco Saraceno.
Recent Media exposure
Les effets limités des taxes nutritionnelles sur la santé. Zakaria Babutsidze, Le Figaro, November 13, 2012
Acheter français… un véritable casse-tête chinois. Lionel Nesta, Le Progrès, November 9, 2012
L’étau de la compétitivité. Jean-Luc Gaffard, Le Monde, November 9, 2012
Comment le bonus-malus sur le gaz et l’électricité va nous inciter à ne plus gaspiller. Evens Salies, Capital, October 19, 2012
Les nouveaux habits de la BCE, vrai ou faux tournant?. Jean-Luc Gaffard and Francesco Saraceno, Le Monde, September 14, 2012
Recent blog posts
High-impact economists by Zakaria Babutsidze and Mark McCabe
Solar power is cooling Sino-European relations by Sarah Guillou
Tales from EDF by Evens Salies
Inequality and Global Imbalances: reconsidering old ideas to address new problems by Francesco Vona and Jean-Luc Gaffard
Who will pay the bill in Sicily? by Augusto Hasman and Maurizio Iacopetta
La ré-industrialisation ou le retour de l’âge du «faire» by Sarah Guillou et Lionel Nesta
Economic policy-making tools for pre- and post-crisis periods by Zakaria Babutsidze and Mauro Napoletano